[AusNOG] Hijacked Prefix

frankaue1 frankaue1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 07:51:12 EST 2015

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com>
Date:13/02/2015  8:38 PM  (GMT+10:00)
To: Nathan Brookfield <Nathan.Brookfield at simtronic.com.au>
Cc: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] Hijacked Prefix

There is NO excuse that any provider would have a valid reason to blackhole someone ranges.

I actually think this extends to the point of illegal activity.  Not just denying the use of the range, but intercepting traffic and potentially abusing that traffic.

I had this happen years ago, and got the police involved.  They weren't a lot of use back then, but they generally are these days.  I would shame TPG into doing the right thing then they are actively facilitating their customer commit an offence.

...Skeeve

--
Skeeve Stevens - The ISP Guy
Email: skeeve at theispguy.com ; Twitter: @TheISPGuy