[AusNOG] Hijacked Prefix

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Fri Feb 13 12:53:00 EST 2015

This is a commercial issue between the owner (alleged) and the entity
advertising the address range.  I would let your client handle it.
Throwing around words like Hyjack is only risking your self for no benefit.

Leave it to your client would be my advice.

Matt.

On 13/02/2015 12:33 pm, daniel at glovine.com.au wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I need a bit of assistance here,
>
> One of our customers has a prefix 203.55.215.0/24 which is a /24 of
> 203.55.214.0/23,
>
> TCR Holdings / Metwide are advertising this prefix without permission
> and thus far all attempts to contact them and have this removed are
> ending at failure,
>
> The owner of these prefixes has even been to the extent of contacting
> their upstream provider TPG without success
>
> I was wondering if anybody else has ever had any issues like this, and
> might be able to point me in the right direction for the next step,
>
> The customer has already updated this /24 prefix description stating
> that its been hijacked so it appears all over the address space
>
> Appreciate any help on or off-list
>
> Daniel

/* Matt Perkins
         Direct 1300 137 379     Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
         Office 1300 133 299     matt at spectrum.com.au
                                 Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
         PGP/GNUPG Public Key can be found at  http://pgp.mit.edu
*/