[AusNOG] Out Of Band Voice Alerting

Josh Tipping josh.tipping at icita.com
Fri Feb 13 11:57:32 EST 2015

I use IMS-4000 at our private DC – seems to cover everything you are after, and we haven’t had any problems with it. It’s reliably been used to alert on issues from sensors and smp in cooling and chiller systems, temp sensors, damp floor sensors, interface outages etc, primarily for us by calling out over PSTN and email alerts. DTMF acknowledgement is used to stop the system from continuing its hunt group of phone numbers. It’s a (3RU?) physical appliance with battery backup, zero issues with it in 3+ years.

Josh Tipping