[AusNOG] Seeking VM for external access

Shane Short shane at short.id.au
Tue Feb 10 13:00:55 EST 2015

That sounds like a bit of a dismissive reply-- especially given quite a
few of his points are quite valid (IPv6 being one of them). Just because
a single AWS instance is free, it doesn't make it better.. and if you
can't stomach $5/m for a VM.. :)

I'd also rather buy a small VM than accept a free one, especially for
something that you'll depend on heavily when it's actually required.

Daniel: Reading between the lines of your original post, I'm guessing
you were crippled during the vocus blips yesterday. For $dayjob we
leverage a few small VPS machines for our Secondary/Tertiary DNS
servers, which I'd suggest you do, too.

As long as your DNS stays up, you'll handle little blips much more
gracefully.