[AusNOG] Nextgen DC's becoming more "open"

Bevan Slattery bevan at slattery.net.au
Fri Feb 6 00:37:06 EST 2015

Hi all,

Just a heads up that the Superloop team had a meeting with Nextgen today to
sort some access ³issues² out.  Over the past 10 years, Nextgen have been
very painful for carriers to get reasonable access.  Just ask many of the
people who colocated there (and moved out) over the years.  But today we saw
something that had reason for optimism.

With the new CEO (David Yuile) and new management they took a completely
open way for us to gain access and actually genuinely appeared to encourage
carrier diversity in their facilities.  So it would appear that the old
carrier ³jail² mentality of their previous managements DC strategy has now
been killed off by the new management.  A welcome development.

Anyway this was more of a ³heads up² and let¹s see if we get in quickly over
the next few weeks.

Cheers

[b]