[AusNOG] DSL G.Fast Details

John Edwards jaedwards at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:52:32 EST 2015

The average Australian home has a 6-wire lead-in.

While an FTTN approach will use just 1 pair of copper, there's no
technical reason why an FTTdp product couldn't use all 6 wires as an
upgrade path.

Servicing homes with a 1:1 mini-node-per-house as a kind of
GPON/Copper media convertor, rather than an N:1 aggregation node might
be dramatically simpler to plan, execute, maintain and upgrade.

John