[AusNOG] Logging & Notifications

OZSUPRA sales at ozsupra.com
Mon Feb 2 20:54:35 EST 2015

Hi AusNOG community,

Longtime reader, not much of a poster.

We're currently in the process of revamping the way we handle logging
requests - we currently monitor quite a large number of devices and
servers (from device logs, down to the server side service logs such as
exim, or crucial messages outputted by the OS), problem is a lot of this
logging is being delivered to an e-mail.

We've been looking for a solution where we can consolidate logs from
rsyslogd and syslogd at the same time use these to be set rules/alerts
of some kind if a certain log is passed through the system.  At the same
time we're also looking for a system that will also monitor a device
(eg. servers hard drives, network ports, bandwidth etc).

Happy for it to be a paid solution, as long as it's represented well and
works flawlessly!

Feel free to pm me off list, I am interested to find out what solutions
other larger based providers are using to combat logs from multiple
devices and monitoring of hardware/network gear!

Kind Regards,
Adam R