[AusNOG] NBN FTTN And Migrations and End User Equipment

Bradley Amm Bradley.Amm at telethonkids.org.au
Mon Dec 14 18:31:26 EST 2015

Hey Guy

I have been wondering?

How are NBN going to migrate users from a current working ADSL and phone to the FTTN NBN

EG. I have a Telstra phone and working Bigpond ADSL.

Now NBN FTTN comes along. Now I assume NBN are building the Nodes in areas where lots of phone lines converge and meet up EG Street Ends and intersections etc.

Will NBN just leave my phone line connected to the Exchange and when I request to be migrated will they basically chop my line at the cabinet and plug me into the cabinet.
What will happen to the dial tone in that instance. Will it be provided from the cabinet or will it still come from the exchange.

Also what will happen at the end users house. Will they have an NTD or will they just need a VDSL2 modem. Any ideas what VDSL2 modems are on the market?

Thanks