[AusNOG] Multi-Tenant VoIP PBX

Jason Ross jason at ethisec.com.au
Sat Dec 12 20:20:56 EST 2015

I'm another for 3CX. It can be a little interesting at times during version upgrades but that could just be me.

The best part about it is it is a full unified comms platform with integrated clients across multiple platforms.

Jason

Jason Ross, CISSP, PAN CNSI

Principal Consultant and Managing Director

EthiSEC Pty Ltd

Level 9, Avaya House

123 Epping Rd, North Ryde 2113

O: 1300 67 22 75

D: 02 8209 6488

M: 0401 988 248

 <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:#0563C1; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-priority:99; color:#954F72; text-decoration:underline;} span.EmailStyle17 {mso-style-type:personal-compose; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; color:windowtext;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->
>>> Shane C <shanec-au at outlook.com> 12/12/2015 12:26 AM >>>

Hi All

Necessity seems to be demanding we provide a few basic hosted VoIP PBX for clients who aren’t happy with what the providers out there are offering (either price, service, support or features).

FreePBX seems to be the go as far as a powerful platform is concerned. We can easily spin up an instance of this for each client and off we go. However, I’m looking at how we can conserve resources (CPU, RAM and in particular IP space in the DC). There are a few “multi-tenant” products out there but from my reading, none of them seem to be great.

Just wondering if anyone out there has looked at this problem and solved it? Did you use a product, or use a different approach? If you’ve used one of the muti-tenant products, which ones did you evaluate and how did they go? Any gotchas that aren’t obvious? I’d rather not find them six months after we move clients across… :P

Shane