[AusNOG] Spamming list posters

James Hodgkinson yaleman at ricetek.net
Fri Dec 11 12:26:30 EST 2015

That's also how I read it - "if you want to take part in this community,
please have the common decency not to act like a spammer"

James

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015, at 11:24, Robert Hudson wrote:
> I took it from the wording of David's email that known subscribers
> were pestering other subscribers with sales offers after posts were
> made on relevant topics.
>
> Hard to take action against individuals concerned if they're not known
> to the list admins. :)
>
> On 11 December 2015 at 12:18, Andrew McN <andrew at mcnaughty.com> wrote:

The mailing list archives are publicly available. e.g. your message is

at http://lists.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2015-December/033915.html ,

with limited, and presumably ineffective obfuscation of email addresses.

That means that email addresses can be relatively easily harvested

without subscription, so the list charter is irrelevant.  An Australian

sender would still be regulated by the Spam Act 2003, but not so for an

offshore spammer.

Perhaps the web archives should be restricted to logged in users?

Regards,

Andrew McNaughton