[AusNOG] Pricing for Going Direct To NBN Co (vs, Aggregator)

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Mon Dec 7 12:36:17 EST 2015

On 12/5/2015 9:44 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> I had these conversations back in April when I got sick and tired of the margins the likes of Telstra Wholesale, AAPT etc were making off us smaller ISP's.
>
> I basically went to both upstream and told them smarten up their pricing or I would split them into their own providers.
>
> Discussions we had with NBN was we had to commit to 5 pops with a role out plan to all POP's as NBN only wants to deal directly with the big end of town and not all of us little guys.
>
> Billing systems had to be accredited by them as well.
>
> This is why conversation with a number of smaller guys took place to setup a not for profit.
>
> Look maybe they have changed to goal posts but that was what we were told then.
And how exactly would setting up a non profit organisation make the
pricing from NBN co any different?
You still need to make a profit as a non profit organisation, otherwise
the entire thing won't survive.
Its just what you do with those profits that makes it non profit, rather
then a commercial organisation.
Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly