[AusNOG] NSWIX Peering

Will Dowling will at ix.asn.au
Wed Dec 2 14:41:44 EST 2015

> I think Joe's figures may be a little off, the routing table is approximately:

The figures on the graphs already linked are your best point of reference:

http://monitor.nsw.ix.asn.au/cacti/graph.php?local_graph_id=46&rra_id=all (NSW RS1 IPv4)
http://monitor.nsw.ix.asn.au/cacti/graph.php?local_graph_id=53&rra_id=all (NSW RS1 IPv6)
http://monitor.nsw.ix.asn.au/cacti/graph.php?local_graph_id=70&rra_id=all  (NSW RS2 IPv4)
http://monitor.nsw.ix.asn.au/cacti/graph.php?local_graph_id=227&rra_id=all (NSW RS2 IPv6)

For those curious, that number is the number of unique prefixes observed by each route server.
This means multiple advertisements won’t count twice (if we accept a prefix from one peer and reject it from another it only counts once as accepted).

Hope this helps make the numbers clearer, happy to address any questions off list.

Cheers :)

Will Dowling
will at ix.asn.au