[AusNOG] LAW REVIEW - Data Retention for Content Service, Providers and Hosting Service Providers

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Fri Aug 28 13:47:47 EST 2015

On 8/28/2015 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> How do we go about requesting a royal commission over the issue? Perhaps my lawyers can help in that regard.... Perhaps not, at least I can ask them and see what they say.
>
> Nope, not at AUSNOG, working hard on developing best in breed software products that will help us all in our businesses and lives, the life of a web developer / programmer turned hosting provider, hey? Once a programmer, always a programmer. Can never get too far away from a keyboard:-)

If your worried about paying too much tax, or want to minimize the
amount you pay, get an accountant, plenty of decent ones around the
place, who can both minimise the amount of tax you pay, and they can
assist in getting loads of cash back off the government now a days as well.
You can claim for a bunch of business related expenses, just like you
can claim loads on personal tax as well if you have the correct
deductions in place.
Every business is different so you need to work with your accountant on
strategies.
I would not waste too much time trying to change the government, if you
want to make a difference, you need to donate money to your political
party of choice, either that, or also have an organisation that lobbies
really hard for your interests, and a lot of those are paid large sums
of money as well.
I actually studied lobbying as a part of my uni degree a few years ago.
That's got another set of laws that are quite complicated and that also
have a lot of loopholes, such as if your a non profit, which most of the
organisations that do lobbying are, you don't need to disclose how much
money you give to political parties.
Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly