[AusNOG] Virtual routers that users can manage without interfering with other tenants

Chris Bennett chris at ceegeebee.com
Wed Aug 26 23:54:12 EST 2015

> I would like to try and do it in a scalable way, as we are thinking
> we may have to allocate each customer a VLAN instead of using a
> common VLAN, but just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on
> other ways to do this?

Assuming you have it or can afford it, you can do private vlans with
the Nexus 1000V (on KVM or VMware), or VMware's vNetwork Distributed
Switch (VDS).

Otherwise you could implement ACL's on virtual firewall products that
sit between the vNIC and vSwitch (there are a few to choose from).

Regards,

Chris