[AusNOG] Optus senior contact - IPv4 address

Luke | Ink Websites luke at inkwebsites.com
Tue Aug 18 19:51:49 EST 2015

Hello all,

We've been back and forth with Optus for the past 3 months attempting to
have a simple request actioned.

Namely to have a static IPv4 address assigned to a mobile phone service.

There has been an immense amount of back-and-forth with Customer Service
Technicians, Business Retention staff, Customer Relations management
staff as well as retail store employees however it all comes down to a
breakdown in communications or a problem with their system.

The requirements for the request have been as follows (discovered over
time; likely not all correct):
- Must be a Business plan, not Personal
- Must be on 3G or slower, 4G is not supported
- Must configure custom APN "yesbusinessip" (which rules out iPhones in
their eyes despite the ability to deploy an APN to one)
- Must pay monthly $5.00AUD fee
- Must not be on a Business "My Plan" as they are not eligible (this
point was only learnt yesterday)

None of the above points are an issue on my end.

It's a seemingly basic request and they advertise the possibility in
places such as:
https://optus.intelliresponse.com/?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1421&source=5&question=What%20are%20my%20broadband%20network%20settings?#static_ip

" Static IPs are available to *business *customers on eligible Fixed
Broadband or Mobile Broadband / *Phone* Plans."

Half the phone support staff simply do not understand, the other half
run in to an issue due to one of the above pointers (despite there being
no direct issue) and simply cannot proceed further.

I'm confident there are members of the Optus team receiving AusNOG
emails; it would be immensely appreciated if they could please make
contact with me. I simply want the request actioned.

Kind regards,

--
Luke Thompson
Systems Administrator

P: 02 8599 0704
M: 0420 320 930
E: luke at inkwebsites.com.au
W: https://www.inkwebsites.com.au

Ink Websites :: "Managed Website Solutions"