[AusNOG] Data Retention Charge To End Users

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Mon Aug 17 13:51:24 EST 2015

I don't see any reason why you could not charge your end-users a DR
charge if you like - although im no expert on the matter.

However unless many ISPs, in particular one of the big ones don't do the
same - and you are actively charging your customers more rather than
wearing it, then you may see a mass exodus of your users moving to one
of the providers who are not directly charging for data retention.