[AusNOG] DL140 Servers or Similar

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:07:49 EST 2015

You'd be better off virtualising them. You're going to be starting to hit
the steep part of the bathtub curve with any XP compatible hardware you buy
from note on. The bathtub curve is widely used in reliability engineering.
It describes a particular form of the hazard function which comprises three
parts:

"Bathtub curve" on @Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve?wprov=sfia1
Hi All,

 Sorry for the interruption to the normal programming, but I have a client
with a proprietary application running on a whole bunch of DL140 servers
that are starting to fail or become unreliable. The software is running on
Win XP and has to stay this way for at least another 12 months. So we are
looking for some servers that are XP compatible and I thought I would try
the list first in case anyone has some old servers or spares around that
they would like to off load before I go digging around on ebay. The only
requirement is that they have a free PCI-E port for a full height card.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

--
Regards

Shane Chrisp
2000 Computers & Networks Pty Ltd