[AusNOG] TPG vs the World

Damian Guppy the.damo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:27:48 EST 2015

Lets just take TPG, M2, iiNet, Amcom, and Vocus, and merge them all into
one giant company. That way we can stop all this fighting. We can take the
names of the top two companys (TPG and M2) and combine their names to be T2.

Wait....

But seriously, it is clear TPG is just blocking the Vocus+Amcom stuff just
because they don't want that competition. I wouldn't call it "toys being
thrown out of the sandbox" but just very very aggressive corporate dealings
by TPG. At some point they are bound to cross the line, and this could be
that line. Consolidation in the telco sector is inevitable thanks to the
NBN.

--Damian