[AusNOG] What do consumers need to know/what do we need to know about consumers?

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 17:25:52 EST 2015

Narelle,
I see security as a priority, and one where the consumer is currently kept
very much in the dark, where products/services are typically provided
'caveat emptor' while the consumer has no way of assessing the security and
privacy provisions/infrastructure they're buying into.

You might want to consider projects along such lines as:

 - Network layer security - authentication/authorisation

 - Data leak protections

 - Identity theft prevention

 - Unencumbered 2 factor authentication (unencumbered means free of
intrusive licensing ala google, facebook etc.)

 - Security and privacy vetting of consumer products

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins