[AusNOG] AWS direct connect questions

Tom Harbert tom at campaignmonitor.com
Sun Apr 26 09:53:56 EST 2015

Hi Mark,

I have only used AWS Direct Connect through a Megaport however I see no
reason why it wouldn't be possible to use a L2 switch between the Direct
Connect provider handoff and your BGP router.

- does ae0 connect to your Layer 3 BGP router?
- can you paste > show vlans AWS-104, are you using the correct VLAN ID?
- can you paste the config you used when you had the IP on the switch and
were able to ping the neighbour

Tom.