[AusNOG] AWS direct connect questions

Mark Anthony Delfin mark at delfin.me
Fri Apr 24 11:27:48 EST 2015

Hi Guys,

I am provisioning a direct connect thru AWS.  Is it possible to put a
switch between the Fiber connection and the BGP router?

When I assigned the IP on switch I can ping the neighbor IP but when I have
the settings below I cannot see the neighbor even on the ethernet switching
table

set interfaces ge-0/1/0 description "NTT Fiber AWS Direct Connect"
set interfaces ge-0/1/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode trunk
set interfaces ge-0/1/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members
AWS-104

set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode access
set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members AWS-104

Thanks in advance