[AusNOG] PIPE Peering with AAPT Transit

James Mcintosh james.mcintosh at rocketmail.com
Thu Apr 23 11:06:17 EST 2015

Hey Noggers,
Can anyone who's got both AAPT transit and PIPE peering confirm for me if you get TPG routes via the PIPE peering or AAPT transit?
I'm considering adding PIPE peering for the TPG routes but not sure now given TPG owns both whether they're forcing TPG routes down AAPT transit rather than PIPE peering.
Lastly I'd be interested in comments: is PIPE peering useful for anything else other than TPG routes these days or has pretty much everyone moved off onto WAIX/MegaPort/Equinix peering exchanges?
-James