[AusNOG] Cheapest half decent 10Gbps switch (for iSCSI only)

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 00:31:45 EST 2015

Assuming a single storage array, in a fast/reliable/cheap - pick 2
scenario, you'll get best bang/buck with the storage on 10gig uplinks, and
the servers on 1gig ports (ie. 1gig _uncontested_). The thing to bear in
mind is that iscsi hates dropped packets, and you don't want performance
falling off traffic peaks - hence, uncontested bandwidth gives best worst
case performance.

Hence - Cisco WS-C3650-24TS

Paul Wilkins