[AusNOG] Procurve POE Switch RTP issues

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 16 19:53:41 EST 2015

Not specifically with those devices, however it sounds bit like a default QoS processing issue. If the switches (perhaps out of the box) are looking at the QoS markings on the data stream packets, and not liking them, then they'll probably drop those packets.
I've experienced switches doing QoS processing out of the box in the past by default (in that specific case, it was effectively marking them as untrusted), rather than leaving them alone (which for an ISP is an annoying default.)
Is the silence caused by packet containing silence, or is it caused by no packets being delivered?