[AusNOG] Netflix Peering in AU

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Sun Apr 5 20:23:31 EST 2015

On 05Apr15, Paul Wilkins allegedly wrote:

> Given that cache hit rates and compression can only be a wet finger in the
> air guess, I doubt anyone would be able to produce real customer numbers.

And they'll no doubt have some PNIs and possibly a few of their
OpenConnect appliances installed too. Thus the IX graphs represent but
a fraction of their traffic in the region.

The best guesses will probably come from an ISP analyzing their own
traffic and extrapolating based on knowledge of their relative market
share.

Even then I suspect it's way too early to measure anything more than
early adopters.

Maybe after Easter it will be more representative? After all, Easter
is the time that all good noggers visit family and manage their tech
refresh isn't it?

Mark.