[AusNOG] IPv6

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Apr 2 13:32:32 EST 2015

On 2 April 2015 at 13:10, Russell Langton <russell3901 at gmail.com> wrote:

> - As reported widely, all TID and IP-VPN services are fully dual-stack -
> You can arrange Ipv6 for any existing TID/IPVPN connection - ethernet/adsl
> or other access methods ;)
>

>From previous experience, this takes up to 6 weeks to get sorted out though
(new services aren't provisioned with v6, and you can't request it until
after the service is showing as live in their system)... And that's after
you manage to get onto a salesperson who knows what ipv6 is, as support
require you to call sales first to ask for it.  Maybe the process has been
streamlined in the last 18 months though?

> - Plus - As mentioned in the presentations there mobiles ipv6 testing
> being undertaken, with a pilot occurring shortly.

Ooooh!  Is there a way to sign onto this pilot? ;)

--

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust