[AusNOG] George Brandis - Be Warned

Nick Gale nickgale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 09:36:55 EST 2014

Its a people and process problem we have not a technology one. Successive
governments of any persuasion seem to think its a technology problem. Its
not like the current threat level wasn't manufactured by the government in
the first place to allow them an easy way to pass what would otherwise be
unpopular laws without too much uproar.

Whats needed is a massive change in the political landscape to parties with
more balanced ideas that incorporate people, process and technology when it
comes to creating laws for the digital world and how to interact there.
That won't happen with people who don't understand the environment with
which they are dealing. Neither major party seems to want to employ people
like that at the moment and so the situation will continue.

*Nick Gale*

P Please consider the environment before you print this email.