[AusNOG] routing issues

Jason Firmino jason.firmino at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 21:13:40 EST 2014

Hi noggers,

Is it just me or there is some dodgy routing issue happening at the moment?

I am experiencing issues with 2 optus links that are in different locations (sydney CBD and Wetherill park). Depending on the route used to reach the destination some work and some don’t.

Also very strange, I was ringing our provider’s NOC to debug the issue, and every time the problem would arise (loss of connectivity) I would also lose connection with them and stopped hearing. Then when the ping comes back, the voice also comes back. Weird!!!

Anyone experiencing something similar?

Cheers,
Jason