[AusNOG] Brocade experience

Bruce Forster bruce at tubes.net.au
Wed Sep 24 10:43:02 EST 2014

Hi Tom,

I would give Martin an email from Simple..

http://www.simpletech.com.au/

Only problem i have had seen with 3rd party is with coppers..
They will only sync at 1Gb no 100mb. I'm not sure how much of a problem
this is for most people these days :D

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Tom Lanyon <tom+ausnog at oneshoeco.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Looking for some experiences with Brocade gear.
>
> We're looking at MLXe MR2 with 10GX8-X line cards and also the CER-2000-RT.
>
> Does anyone have any xWDM coloured optics running in these?  Is the
> Brocade kit generally OK with third-party vendor transceivers?
>
> Also, we've shied away from ISSU and redundant RPs in the past, preferring
> totally separate boxes for redundancy instead - is this reflected in the
> MLXe gear, or is it worth looking at redundant management modules and
> switch fabric modules?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Regards,