[AusNOG] Checking peering

Pawel Rybczyk nogs at border6.com
Tue Sep 9 17:09:39 EST 2014

Hi Andrew,

I hope this won't look like I'm invading this thread with commercial
information :) I felt it relevant, though.
My name is Paweł and I'm from the Border 6 company. My colleague,
Mateusz, already mentioned our BGP optimization product earlier in this
thread. I'd only like to add a short note about inbound traffic control,
since you are wondering about it - our NSI solution is already
supporting inbound optimization when needed. We are able to do automatic
AS prepending for cost control and traffic balancing purpose. We can
also automatically shut down the BGP session of a transit in case of
detected blackout. The latter is quite important, since without it you
might have one of your transits malfunctioning (BGP up, but traffic
dropped), causing a general outage on your whole BGP platform, because
your prefixes would still be announced via the faulty link.
Do not hesitate to contact me off-list for more details (or see the
earlier message from Mateusz with a link to our brochure).

best regards,
Pawel