[AusNOG] Choice says using Netflix is NOT Piracy (and PayTV subscriber numbers)

Julian De Marchi julian at jdcomputers.com.au
Tue Sep 9 15:18:32 EST 2014

On 09/09/14 15:13, Ross Wheeler wrote:
> Overgeneralization much?!

Not really man. I've had a lot of people ask me questions about VPNs to
use for that kind of behaviour.

> While it may be true for some people, or even for some classes of users,
> it is certainly NOT proof of guilt.

Never said it was bud. Just saying you can't cry foul when the most of
us know what people can and will use em for. We also know the very
legitimate business conducted over them.

> A lot of others use VPNs as indicated already to perfectly legitimately
> access content LEGALLY PURCHASED (or licensed) from vendors (typically
> internationally but need not always be).
>
> YOU may be a p!rate, and admit that YOUR use of a VPN equates to piracy,
> but DON'T lump the rest of us in that category.
> If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!

How do you know? Don't lump me into any category just cause of my point
of view.