[AusNOG] EOL Battery Strings

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Tue Sep 2 12:08:10 EST 2014

> Strange request, but where do you scrap your UPS battery strings when they
> hit their replacement cycle dates?
>
> I am looking to get my hands on a substantial quantity of wet lead acid/AGM
> batteries and am willing to invest time to recondition them myself.

Last lot I took to the recyclers. I took in a little over 2.5 tonnes and
walked out with almost a thousand bucks cash from memory.

If you're planning to use them for off-grid living, please send me a
message off-list. http://house.albury.net.au/23may2010/100_4463.JPG
Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt.

RossW