[AusNOG] Anyone from tpp on list?

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Mon Sep 1 20:58:30 EST 2014

> As I referred to before, they are most likely level 1 techs and the fact of
> them being in India, Cambodia or Melbourne is beside the point. The point
> is that they are level 1 and are not trained to deal with a 'hard' issue.
> You may think the issue is simple to you, but that's because you live and
> breath it, where as the level 1 staff might not. They are simply a customer
> frontline for logging issues and directing to support articles.

Isn't it wonderful that we all live in a world that stops at 17:30 local
time and starts again at 09:00 the next morning.

Isn't it wonderful that we don't have clients, or customers, who expect
24/7 operation of their stuff, and that when someone like tpp has a SNAFU,
that the rest of the world is so understanding that "you'll get to it
tomorrow, or monday, or whenever you can catch the eye of a passing tech"?

For a company the size of tpp (or the size they like to say they are...
and remember, TPP has actually been netregistry for quite some time, and
both of them are actually melbourneit for the last few months.... that
only makes the deal even MORE absurd... that what, 90% of the .au
namespace is "administered" by one entity, who turns off the phones at
17:30 each afternoon.....???)

Anyone here considered setting up as a competetive, COMPETENT registrar in
.au? I know a heap of people (myself included) who'd move in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't use melbourneit if they were the last registrar in the world,
and tpp have gone to the dogs in the last 3 or 4 years. Between their
incompetence and their "we don't care" attitude....

And that's got NOTHING to do with race, colour or sex.