[AusNOG] Ubiquiti Rocket Transceiver pair - which antenna ??

Darren Moss Darren.Moss at cloud365.com.au
Mon Sep 1 20:35:12 EST 2014

Evening all,

Part of what we do is deliver audio feeds and services in near real time for broadcast radio and TV.

At the moment we are looking at the Ubiquiti Rocket wireless solution for moving live audio feeds from location A to location B, which are about 2klms apart and in line of sight.

Has anyone worked with this type of solution who could tell me what antenna / dish / bla units we should be looking at ?

The goal is to have a directional transmission that is super reliable (key) as there is no DSL or backup solution for this location.

Happy to hear about other wireless solutions as we have not purchased the gear yet.

(we're not looking for WISP solutions)

Many thanks

Darren.