[AusNOG] Metadata retention... it's now (almost) a thing

James Morgan James.Morgan at vernet.com.au
Thu Oct 30 15:21:28 EST 2014

I'm a particular fan of:

5. The type of communication or relevant service used in connection with
a communication

The following: (a) the type of communication; Examples: Voice, SMS,
email, chat, forum, social media.

I'm just a little worried.  What about web forums that have a chat room?
Or email services that have an instant messaging component?  Or social
media that has a chat component?

I think I need to lay down.

James.