[AusNOG] Metadata retention... it's now (almost) a thing

Paul Julian paul at oxygennetworks.com.au
Thu Oct 30 13:52:07 EST 2014

They would only catch small time script kiddies with MAC address, anybody who knows what they are doing won't be using their machine or will be using different ones all the time, I mean seriously, busting somebody based on MAC address would be small time stuff surely, sure it might get the people pirating movies and porn etc but this bill is supposed to be to save the country from the terr0rists isn't it ?? I really can't see a person like this who would go to elaborate lengths to not get caught being busted by using the same MAC address multiple times.

Paul