[AusNOG] Has anyone tried Cumulus Linux?

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Thu Oct 30 09:30:20 EST 2014

So far so good. I have had a Penguin Computing switch on the desk for
the last few weeks. I have even compiled Mysql for it. (dont ask) So far
it seem's robust and everything I have thrown at it has passed muster.
It does lack a few features around QinQ so be warned. Support from the
Cumulus guys as excellent.  If anyone would like a contact there let me
know.

Matt.

On 30/10/2014 9:25 am, Ben Dale wrote:
> I thought this was a fairly balanced review and gives a good insight
> into the workings and paradigm shift you'll need to get through (no
> atomic config/cli etc):
>
> http://blog.ipspace.net/2014/10/cumulus-linux-in-real-life-on-software.html
>

> On 30 Oct 2014, at 7:46 am, Skeeve Stevens
> <skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
> <mailto:skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> Anyone played with Cumulus Linux, specifically for networking layer 2
>> and layer 3?
>>
>> Just wondering how its going... off-list thoughts are fine.
>>
>> ...Skeeve
>>
>> *Skeeve Stevens - *eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
>> skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com
>> <mailto:skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com> ; www.eintellegonetworks.com
>> <http://www.eintellegonetworks.com/>
>> Phone: 1300 239 038; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve
>> facebook.com/eintellegonetworks
>> <http://facebook.com/eintellegonetworks> ; linkedin.com/in/skeeve
>> <http://linkedin.com/in/skeeve>
>> twitter.com/theispguy <http://twitter.com/theispguy> ; blog:
>> www.theispguy.com <http://www.theispguy.com/>
>>
>> The Experts Who The Experts Call
>> Juniper - Cisco - Cloud- Consulting- IPv4 Brokering

/* Matt Perkins
         Direct 1300 137 379     Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
         Office 1300 133 299     matt at spectrum.com.au
                                 Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
         PGP/GNUPG Public Key can be found at  http://pgp.mit.edu
*/