[AusNOG] TPG Peering

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Oct 22 10:43:38 EST 2014

> What's even more interesting is that Jared wants to resolve a problem for - who exactly ? Does it end up being that he's a content provider and thus the eyeballs in question (gaming or otherwise) are worth $$ to him ? In which case the discussion heads in a particular direction.  Or are the users in question not actually his users (they're TPG's) and at which point why would you care (business wise - I understand why everyone cares from a good 'net perspective).  Isn't this the marketplace at work ?

The answers to whose customers...everyones, really.

  You have the EU -> ISP arrangement, the EU -> Content Owner
arrangement, and Content Owner -> Content Hoster [SAU in this case].

  The EU would get the blame game from ISP to Content Owner, Content
Owner would receive the complaint and likely forward to Content Hoster,
Content Hoster has identified the problem as a TPG ingress point,
something he has no control over, so has no choice but to blame it back
to TPG.

  To his credit, he is actually trying to resolve the issue directly to
stop the viscous cycle of blame.

  It's a hard spot to be in.