[AusNOG] TPG Peering

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Oct 22 10:35:11 EST 2014

On 22/10/2014 07:31, Geordie Guy wrote:

> Literally nobody chooses TPG for any reason other than price or because they were a customer of another AAPT acquisition and got shunted. You can rank them on whatever you like but customers who are solely interested in $14.95 a month¹ unlimited² with home phone so nanna can call, and a free wifis are going to keep giving them a customer base that means they can keep being awful.

poppycock

I use TPG at home for DSL and pay more than what many others offered at
the time, and even do today.

Yes, sometimes I find their routing to be, something to chuckle at, but
I can max out my connection doing whatever I want, pretty much whenever
I want, this includes my VPN to the U.S. to watch current hit TV series,
or BBC, well, don't BBC much now days that ABC doesn't make us wait a
week or month for Dr Who :) it's also stable and reliable, I run this
mail server and a few (non commercial) websites on it for several years
now, that was what was important in my choosing TPG at home, along with
being able to get a static IP and rDNS (for the mail), at the time a few
others offered same but at an ongoing price, all I had to do was send a
bloody email and it was changed for me at no cost, and done within 45
minutes of that email! So there are plenty of happy TPG users around
that don't use them based solely on price.