[AusNOG] TPG Peering

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Wed Oct 22 07:17:17 EST 2014

I think you'll find most games are using UDP, and TPG's peering being
saturated is either causing very high latencies, or lost packets.  Either
way, it wouldn't be making for a good gaming experience..

It's funny you mention Apple updates.  My work peers directly with Apple,
and at 2pm on the day of the Yosemite release, I was getting 200kbytes/sec
from them - I'd have loved to see their bandwidth graphs that day ;)

I don't know if thinking has changed since I was at uni, but 70% of link
utilisation is the point at which Latency increases beyond a reasonable
level, so is what should be considered 'Full utilisation' in an operational
sense.

On 22 October 2014 06:59, Mark ZZZ Smith <markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust