[AusNOG] Public Internet Access Policies

Sam Silvester sam.silvester at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:03:37 EST 2014

Yep.

Also from the article:

'A spokesman for Qantas, Jo Aston, said the airline had always had "a
string of access restrictions in place"'

So basically exactly as I said, they had filters that made no practical
difference for a dude to view _child porn_, not even just 'not socially
acceptable in public but not illegal' examples as per Skeeve's email from
earlier.

So why go to the expense and arguably reduce the utility, reliability and
such of the service if people are just going to do it anyway? 'Sensitive
clients' are still going to be shamed publically - sounds like anybody that
sensitive simply doesn't know what they are getting themselves into by
offering public wifi at all.

Sam