[AusNOG] Public Internet Access Policies

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Fri Oct 10 00:39:30 EST 2014

On 8 Oct, 2014, at 11:33 am, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com> wrote:

> In my view, Filtering in this scenario is less about what the user can access, but more about the liability on the provider.

There is no liability on the provider, you're a god-damned carriage service provider. That's supposed to mean something.

If you're going to spin that line (especially when it's combined with product spruiking) then it's reasonable to expect that you'll be able to provide at least one example of an adverse judgement against a carriage service provider for content which might have been filtered being accessed unfiltered over a public access network.

Whassamadda, you can't?  Dawww.

  - mark