[AusNOG] Bgp capable router for aws direct connect

Nathan Brookfield Nathan.Brookfield at simtronic.com.au
Tue Oct 7 19:36:40 EST 2014

Even the cloud core switch would come close to meeting these requirements.

Kindest Regards,
Nathan Brookfield

Chief Executive Officer
Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd

Web: http://simtronic.com.au
Phone: 1300 592 330
Fax: (02) 4749 4950

On 7 Oct 2014, at 19:36, Jared Hirst <jared.hirst at serversaustralia.com.au<mailto:jared.hirst at serversaustralia.com.au>> wrote:

Mikrotik Cloud core routers are apparently awesome!

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014, Craig Askings <craig at askings.com.au<mailto:craig at askings.com.au>> wrote:
Some top of rack switches can do bgp. Usually require an enhanced features licence of some description.

Juniper ex4200 / 4300 / 4550.
Cisco Nexus 6001

and likely quite a few others.

On 7 Oct 2014, at 6:06 pm, Matthew VK3EVL <hitman at itglowz.com<javascript:;>> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Asking for a friend as I'm a little out of touch with current models. What is out there that could handle gigabit throughput and 50 or so routes learnt through bgp and Rack mountable. They're trying to keep costs down but need it to be reliable.
> After techy responses, not sales ones.
>
> Cheers
> Matth

Jared Hirst
Chief Executive Officer

Office Address: 2/2 Teamster Close, Tuggerah NSW 2259
Postal Address: PO Box 3187, Tuggerah NSW 2259
Phone: +61 2 8115 8801 | Network Ops: +61 2 8115 8850 | Main Switch: +61 2 8115 8888
Web: www.serversaustralia.com.au<http://www.serversaustralia.com.au>

[Servers Australia - Logo]<http://serversaustralia.com.au/>     <https://docs.google.com/a/serversaustralia.com.au/forms/d/1LN6H3Dc8TCJFmNH7pxVkAfrhP3MosGNAueA8hteFbIY/viewform#start=openform>
How are we doing?
please click here to tell Servers Australia - We‘re listening
[Find Us on Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/ServersAustralia> [Follow us on Twitter] <http://twitter.com/serversau>  [Follow us on Google] <https://plus.google.com/112681060777876559914>

Notice: This message may contain private and confidential information intended only for the recipients. If you have received this message in error please delete immediately and notify the sender, as any distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. The views & opinions expressed in this e-mail are NOT necessarily those of Servers Australia

Please consider the environment before printing this email - every year we are losing 40 million acres of oxygen producing forests through logging and land clearing.