[AusNOG] DSL Line Stats

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Oct 1 14:11:23 EST 2014

On 1/10/2014 9:11 AM, Ross Wheeler wrote:

>> And that's exactly my point: "Set a high SNR target figure" - SNR is the RESULT.
>> The "measure", not the "cause".
Yes SNR is the "measure" - but the configured "SNR limit" number, by which the
measured SNR is compared with, is the "cause" - its the thing you adjust, in order to
find a different sweet-spot along the performance/stability continuum.
You adjust the SNR limit, you get the effect of a different speed and a different
stability.

I'm not sure now if this has devolved into semantics or pedantics!

P.