[AusNOG] PIPE NSW Changing Details

Reuben Farrelly reuben-ausnog at reub.net
Wed Oct 1 10:39:18 EST 2014

It's also very unfortunate that they changed the rules a few years ago
to only allow just 1 single MAC address on the end of the link.

This bit me some time ago when we upgraded a peering link and moved the
termination location to another rack.  I formally requested an exception
to have 2 (known in advance) MACs, on the basis that we had two routers
that could be used on the service, and it was declined.

I understand why, and indeed think it's a good idea, to have a finite
set limit of mac addresses, but a hard set limit of just one address was
just unnecessarily restrictive IMHO.  It also made the planned
relocation I was doing at the time more painful than it needed to be for
no obvious good reason.

Reuben