[AusNOG] PIPE NSW Changing Details

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Oct 1 09:15:31 EST 2014

Hi list,

  I am just wondering if this is normal - trying to change MAC address
for router port after urgent change-over for our PIPE peering connection
in NSW, request was sent through to the MACD team but they are telling
me the request needs to be approved by their management and ETA is 3-5
business days??

  I'm not a massive user of PIPE IX but I have now been without it for
24 hours and its looking like it could be another 48-72 hours before
getting it back! For someone who might get a LOT of their traffic via
PIPE IX this would be a pretty bad amount of downtime, as other transit
links would have to pick up the slack.

  If any PIPE engineers on list willing to help the request move a
little quicker I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Joe