[AusNOG] Offsite Storage

Nick Stallman nick at agentpoint.com
Wed Nov 26 16:15:24 EST 2014

Doesn't ASIO report to the US overlords so anything in Australia belongs
to the US anyway? :P

For our servers (Databases + Files) we use duplicity to do incremental
backups straight to Amazon S3 in Sydney.
That ticks the off site box but doesn't cover off line which isn't a
priority for us.

We only keep daily backups for 2 months so we don't use Glacier but we
could reasonably easily if we wanted to.
Glacier is tape storage (hence the retrieval delays/limits and price) so
clearly AWS still thinks its a player.

Nick Stallman
Agentpoint Pty Ltd
The Real Estate Web Developers
Melbourne | Sydney | Miami
nick at agentpoint.com
www.agentpoint.com.au | www.zooproperty.com | www.ginga.com.au |
www.business2.com.au

Business2.com.au is a real estate agent information website that helps
you understand Portals, Technology and comes with FREE tools to help
your Agency become an online success!