[AusNOG] melbourneit easyclouddns.net outage

Michael Dale mdale at dalegroup.net
Mon Nov 24 18:42:39 EST 2014

Pretty sure this is related to the odd netregistry DNS issue we had today (no idea what easyclouddns.net <http://easyclouddns.net/> is, but looks related).

We had some random subdomains get converted into completely new zones

E.g

was: remote.example.com <http://remote.example.com/> -> A record -> 8.8.8.8

Something broke today and

remote.example.com <http://remote.example.com/> became a new zone (which we couldn't access via the netregistry admin page) and started returning different results as to what was configured in the web-ui.

Easier just to bring it in house than deal with netregistry.

Seems like they did some upgrades or some batch script went crazy.

Thanks,
Michael.