[AusNOG] NBN Next Step?

Jarryd Sullivan Jarryd.Sullivan at area9.com.au
Mon Nov 24 15:17:55 EST 2014

Usually yes, it's possible the area is doing "Build Drop" and during the fibre being laid in the street they're connecting the PCD's up as they go. They've just taken this approach up here in the NT. This typically means the area won't be live yet. The easiest way to find out in my experience is to call an RSP and ask them to check the NBNCo portal. If it says it's not live then you cannot order a service yet.

Jarryd Sullivan