[AusNOG] iiNet Tech Contact for NBN Service Config

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 09:44:43 EST 2014

I've wondered about this recently. I've just moved to a house with NBN and it was connected fine based on address alone. One of our customers though, had the issue where they were in a two story building and their service was delivered to the NTD on the ground floor instead of first floor, so someone stuffed up there and address alone wasn't enough to identify the correct NTD to deliver the service on.
I've looked at my NTD and I can't see any distinguishing marks on it, like an ID or something. I know they will all have a unique ID, but I was assuming it would be visible somewhere so that if/when someone wants to order a service from an RSP they can quote the ID off the NTD to ensure the service is delivered to the correct location (and not the guy 3 doors down or 2 levels up).
Am I just not looking hard enough ? I've taken the cover off and had a good snoop and can't see anything obvious anywhere. The only thing I haven't done is taken the actual device out of the frame it's mounted in, to check on the back of it (although that is hardly user-friendly if it's the case).
Looking at the images on this page suggests that it should be labelled with "NBN Co property" & "NTD...." (for the ID).What an NBN connection looks like

|   |
| What an NBN connection looks likeA closeup view of how the NBN connects to your home, and some of the networking issues it will pose. |
|  |
| View on www.pcauthority.co... | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

So perhaps the install done at my house was rushed/sloppy and just didn't label it ? Mine is working fine and I'm not worried about the lack of labelling on it, but just curious whether mine is in the 2% or 80% that aren't labelled (or somewhere in between) ?

Thanks,Tony.